What we are
The Integrated Earth & Planetary Science Hub (IEPS Hub) is established under the steering committee of the Division of Earth and Planetary Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University.
The IEPS Hub promotes interdisciplinary education and research, along with other activities of our division.
The IEPS Hub is important for the smooth and efficient performance of these activities, maintaining collaborations within our division and other divisions of Kyoto University.
IEPS also supports outreach activities, a variety of career development programs for students, and both international and domestic science meetings.
Our main activities
- Education and nurture
- Guidance for incoming freshman, Special lectures and seminars, International Summer School, Career Path
- Seminar, and Gathering and dissemination of educational information
- Outreach and contributions to society activities
- Orientation for master degree entrance examination, Brochure publication, Visiting lectures
- Researcher support
- Support for preparing application documents, invitations for foreign researchers, maintenance of web pages
Photos about our activities
Left and center: Outdoor activity and lecture during International Summer School in 2013.
Right: JpGU in 2015.
Left: Seminar on Multi-scale Earth Dynamics in 2014.
Right: Career path seminar in 2015, given by graduates of our division.